Jazz Scholarship Program
Our scholarship program is temporarily on hold. Please check back for future updates.
The Space Coast Jazz Society awards scholarships to graduating Brevard County high school seniors. The number of scholarships and the availability of scholarships depends on the amount of money raised for the scholarship fund.
Applicants must be interested in furthering their studies in jazz music, registered for continued education, but do not need to major in music. The winners will be given a certificate of award and the scholarship money will be paid directly to the college.
Scholarship Application Process
- A paragraph describing your past musical accomplishments and studies.
- A paragraph on your college plans regarding jazz and how they would be aided by a cash award.
- A brief essay of how you became interested in jazz, with comments on 3 musical figures who inspired you.
- A short audio or video of you in performance. Does NOT need to be professional quality.
- A statement from two references with a brief commentary about your talent, character, and seriousness of intent.
PRINTABLE Scholarship Application
Submit the application & supporting materials by April 15th to:
PO Box 120653, Melbourne, FL 32912
or send by email to Jazz@SpaceCoastJazzSociety.org
If you want to donate to the scholarship fund, send a check to:
Space Coast Jazz Society, PO Box 120653, Melbourne, FL 32912.
All donations are tax deductible. SCJS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Our Scholarship Winners are listed on the right.
Just click on the year!