Jazz Scholarship Program
Each year, the Space Coast Jazz Society awards scholarships to graduation Brevard County high school seniors. Applicants must be interested in furthering their studies in jazz music, registered for continued education, but do not need to major in music.
To apply: Complete the form & send supporting materials by April 15th by mail or email. The winners will be given a certificate of award and the scholarship money will be paid directly to the college.
Click here to print the Scholarship application.
Complete the Scholarship Appplication form & submit with the following supporting materials:
- A paragraph describing your past musical accomplishments and studies.
- A paragraph on your college plans regarding jazz and how they would be aided by a cash award.
- A brief essay of how you became interested in jazz, with comments on 3 musical figures who inspired you.
- A short audio or video of you in performance. Does NOT need to be professional quality.
- A statement from two references with a brief commentary about your talent, character, and seriousness of intent.
Submit the Application & Supporting Materials by April 15th to:
PO Box 120653, Melbourne, FL 32912
or send by email to Jazz@SpaceCoastJazzSociety.org
The scholarships are funded in by the annual Benefit concert, 50-50 drawings at the monthly concerts and private donations.
If you want to donate to the scholarship fund, send a check to:
Space Coast Jazz Society, PO Box 120653, Melbourne, FL 32912.
All donations are tax deductible. SCJS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Our Scholarship Winners are listed on the right.
Just click on the year!